Wednesday, September 12, 2007

the best $20 i ever spent

last year during south pacific i was sitting in my office at around 6 pm and was reminded of the existence of Nerds Ropes. for those of you who haven't had the pleasure, Nerds Ropes are long strips of chewy stuff covered in Nerds candy. i suddenly had an overwhelming craving for a Nerds Rope. so i asked one of my students if she would go to the store and get me one. she said sure. as i looked in my wallet, i realized i had only a twenty dollar bill. the moment of decision had arrived: either forego the craving, or plunge in. i chose the latter.
"take this twenty," i tasked her, "and buy as many Nerds Ropes as you can."
she and two friends presently returned with two plastic shopping bags full of Nerds Ropes, 81 of them to be exact, which we proceeded to enjoy and disseminate.
it was the best twenty dollars i ever spent.

3 comments:

ETness said...

this made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Delicious. I need find some immediately.

Lady Juniper said...

How wonderful!