Tuesday, October 09, 2007

mind-numbingly delicious

i just glutted myself on reality tv shows.
first i watched two episodes of 'queer eye' back to back (the first one made me cringe, the second sappier one made me cry-- but just a little). then the season finale of 'top chef.' i had missed the first half of it last week when it aired, so i got to see it tonight.
when it was all over my brain had melted out my ears. it took me a minute to get up. no, i mean a full minute. try it, it's a long time.
i'm worried about our play. the kids are so exhausted. school is too intense. we have so much to do in such a short time. in brief moments i'm comforted by the thought that we pulled under milk wood out in eight short hours... but royal family has so many demands that we haven't even thought of yet.
small steps: today we began using the actual sound effects for the doorbell, buzzer, and two phones. also, we got some plywood cut for the siding on the stairs.

No comments: