Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

Most exciting things that happened this year:
-Got my photo taken to be considered for the Coen Brothers' "True Grit" (they were seeing me for the part of the dead father in the coffin)
-Got a cool role in "A Schizophrenic Love Story," a local movie (and thereby met my goal of being in a movie in 2010)

Most devastating thing that happened this year:
-Got ousted from "A Schizophrenic Love Story" and didn't even get notified about it, which crushed my soul for several days

Biggest challenge of the year:
-Directing "Much Ado About Nothing" (oy vey!)

Biggest reward of the year:
-Playing Estragon in "Waiting for Godot"
-Seeing my relationship with David develop and deepen

Favorite trip of the year:
-Visiting Beth in Portland

Favorite houseguests of the year:
-ET
-Dave Schmader
-Marc & Margaret

Best book of the year:
-Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer, which has changed the way I look at food, and to some extent, life

Best music of the year:
-Well, I gave a list in my last post, but I think the record I love the best is still Joanna Newsom's "Have One On Me," because there is really and truly nothing else like it

What am I looking forward to in 2011?
-Writing more consistently and submitting my writing to publications, fearlessly
-Acting in "Hedda Gabler"
-Figuring out what I want to do in regards to "a job" (to teach or not to teach?)
-Meditating and yoga
-Being in a movie
-Seeing Barack Obama come out of his bipartisan funk and kick some ass







1 comment:

Nik said...

Having finally seen True Grit, I must say you would've made an excellent dead dad. ;)