Tuesday, September 05, 2006

confession

bless me father for i have sinned. it's been two weeks since my last posting.
1. there's a low hum in my apartment this morning. i thought it was the fridge, but it wasn't. i put my ear up close to every possible appliance. i'm still not convinced it's not the fridge. i'm weird.
2. yesterday fran, marc and i saw leonard cohen: i'm your man. i liked it. it was basically a tribute concert for cohen interspersed with interviews with him, images of him. all three of us agreed that antony's song was probably the best, with martha wainwright coming in a close second. the only part i didn't really like was toward the end when leonard finally sang, backed up by the ever-narcissistic u2. poor guys. their music is probably fine, but their images are so overcooked. i'd like to see them put on some cone-shaped devolution hats and stop taking themselves so fuckin seriously for a change.
3. i caught a cold last week which is still slightly lingering and kept me home on friday for some much-needed rest. as yesterday was labor day holiday, this will be a short week.
4. school is going well. i'm really enjoying my new schedule, more time with the advanced students. one of my theatre arts I classes is rambunctious, but i'm jivin with it. yes, you heard me right. uh, excuse me miss, i speak jive.
5. finally, i had a pulchritudinous massage yesterday. it's rockin my chakras.

No comments: