Saturday, November 04, 2006

fey

i've been walking to work more because the weather is finally cool. it feels great, and i live so close that even if i'm tired after school i still enjoy the little jaunt home. the ipod helps spice things up of course. yesterday while walking i felt very youthful.
later, after my bones had a chance to settle and i had filled my belly with tacos, i lit a smoke (yes, occasionally) and went to get my mail. as i walked from the mail kiosk back to my apartment i felt very old.
a friend told me when i was nineteen that i seemed more like forty. she didn't go into detail about that comment, so i've never known what she meant. maturity? restraint? early mid-life depression? i did take it as a compliment at the time, not sure why. now that i'm almost forty (have about a year and a half to go) i should know what it feels like to be forty. or does that mean i'm sixty now?
my second period class was eerily well-behaved this week. maybe they slashed my tires.
on an interview, dick cavett referred to john huston as fey. my aunt used that word to describe me once, so i looked it up. interesting.

2 comments:

Nik said...

Fey could be vaguely enigmatic too...

terocious said...

I have seen this word about thirty nine times since you wrote this.

Experiences are what matter.

Do you know I envy those kids for having you as a teacher?

Not to say I did not learn anything when I did have you on a daily basis.