Saturday, October 10, 2009

cars

yesterday my dad helped me finance a new car. it's not a new car. it's from 1996. it looks like this. i like it because it is smooth and reliable. it is sort of like gliding in a silver cloud. i feel invisible in it.
this article says you can tell a lot about a person by the car they drive. they don't mention the mercury grand marquis. only porsches, hondas, mini coopers... kind of a stupid article actually. but i was thinking about that question as i drove home from kerrville yesterday. i was thinking, what does this car say about me? that i want to disappear into the background? that i crave practicality? or simply that i am poor and had to rely on my dad to choose a sensible car for me? this last option seems most accurate.
my old car looks like this, except much less shiny and with more dents and rusty spots. it has a lot of character. but character only goes so far when you can't rely on it.

4 comments:

ETness said...

Last thing I saw you drive was a Mercedes...

THORN said...

ah the beloved mercedes... sigh...

Barry said...

Panchioa drives an Acura RSX. Whenever I ride in it I say to myself ACURA!

Anonymous said...

Great thing that your Dad help you get a car with auto financing. In addition to that according to car advice The Mercury Grand Marquis is a full-size rear-wheel drive sedan sold by the Lincoln-Mercury division of the Ford Motor Company.