Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Sometimes all you can say is, What The FUCK

I don't want to write right now, but I feel that I should.
Right now I am:
Sad
Confused
Disappointed
Dejected
Enraged
For about a week now, I have been trying to contact someone from the film I was cast in, to get information about when and where my scenes would be shot. In the meantime I have been working on my scenes diligently. They're all memorized, messed with, adapted, personalized. I feel close to this guy.
I have been building my hopes on the assurance that I set a goal and met it.
I just talked to a producer of the movie (I had to track him down), who told me I had been replaced, about a week ago. According to the producer, a "big-name" actor who had been offered the role a while back became available, so they decided to use him instead.
No one called to tell me this.
I have so many questions, so many insecurities cropping up. But mostly, I feel like a chunk of my heart has been torn out.
I know that in the future this will seem like a minor event, and I will see how everything fits together for the best, but right now I am devastated and hurt. And I don't know if this helped, to write about it. What I'm really feeling is kind of ineffable.
Was I too eager?
Too elated?
Did I not read well at the table read?
That one producer didn't like me, I could tell.
FUCK YOU for making me ask these questions, you fucking god damned whores.
That's all for now.

1 comment:

ETness said...

I feel your disappointment. Sometimes that shit just happens. You had it, then you didn't. Things will happen when they are supposed to. They are jerks for not telling you. I never believed I had a job until I had a contract signed. That way I did get my hopes up too much. Love coming your way.