Sunday, January 29, 2006

weekend

i spent most of my weekend at a speech tournament. i didn't mind it. i've started taking my sketchbook and pens to these tournaments, and sometimes i even have the opportunity to indulge in my iPod while waiting in the cafeteria for postings and for the kids to come back from their rounds. this time i drew sketches of my left hand in different positions, which was fun. i also drew one sketch of my right hand holding the pen, which was sort of freaky-- a hand drawing itself drawing. at times i got that dream-within-a-dream feeling, or the picture-within-a-picture type-thing.
my dad let me use his ford f150 today to help nic take his bed back to costco. nic has wanted to return this bed since december and today was the first sunny sunday on which we were both free to do it. so it's taken care of. i'll go return the truck tonight, and have dinner with my parents, whom i haven't seen in weeks.
nic and i ate and had drinks at la fogata last night. the mariachis were loud and wonderful, though nic expressed a little discomfort at how loud they were, which was true. he ordered a marinated mushroom appetizer that was quite scrumptious. as for me, i had my old standard-- tacos nortenos a la parilla. ahh... what a treat.

1 comment:

THORN said...

cy, actually it was hongos en sus jugos... some variation of that. but i think they still have the flameados kind.