Sunday, April 23, 2006

a three and an eight

i have lived 38 years.
not very long.
fifteen years ago i was in moscow and the american kids were visiting from north carolina. i was hanging out with them in their hotel, eating their pot brownies, smelling their sweet incense, looking at their fresh faces. it was truly wonderful to see them from that perspective-- like getting a glimpse of myself from the other side of the glass.
on the eve of my birthday i was sitting in the lobby of a hotel discussing life with cigdem, one of our acting teachers. she was reading joseph campbell and expounding on myth. interesting, on my trip to moscow in '96 i took his book myths to live by and finished it while i was there.
i told my friend beth i was feeling haggard and unattractive and she said she went through that phase too-- the pre-forties puberty phase, but now she feels sexy again. so there's hope. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to 3 and 8. I hope yours is better than mine has been so far. Though I got a really great birthday present from my bro that day that I will cherish. I'll show it to you someday.