Saturday, February 04, 2006

bladders

this morning i stuck on my headphones immediately upon getting out of bed. "rebel rebel" was the first song i heard, hilariously. it was a good way to wake up; the music seemed to sort of invigorate me immediately, like a better version of coffee. the other thing that propelled me out of bed was my need to wizz (sp?).
mom is doing well, re-learning how to void her bladder now that it's repositioned in her body. last night when i got home from the second performance of the smash-hit guys and dolls, i turned on the television and was a little disappointed that the only thing on was a show called distraction, where people have to answer questions under distracting circumstances. bladders: two guys, competing against each other, would be called on to answer a question only after they had peed into a computerized toilet. hidden discreetly behind screens with only their heads showing. this kind of tacky competition doesn't really bother me; i'm not one of those people who says "what is the world coming to?"... but it did make me think about my mom and her struggle to learn how to urinate.
today i will go to the region 20 training center for another six-hour training. i think today we're taking a practice test to prepare us for the PPR which is coming up later this month.

No comments: