Wednesday, February 06, 2008

all the me's (or maybe just some of them)

a volatility in me that sees the same picture through different eyes, depending on the chemical charges being released in my brain, from one moment to the next.
a stability in me that renders me inactive, inert, not all human.
a passion in me that has always yearned so much for others to join in, that when they didn't, it shrieked and berated them and then felt guilty.
a sadness in me that folds clothes into a suitcase, ready to pack up and go.
a compulsiveness in me that doesn't feel perfectly well unless the dishes are done, and as the laundry piles up it wonders about the mold growing under the bathtub.
a critic in me that vehemently opts out of the game then jeers from the sidelines.
a sensitivity in me that responds intuitively to noise, lies, and music.
a hunger in me that rages along the shore voraciously picking up chunks of wood and devouring them.
an aspiration in me that looks into the sun and feels tears of pleasure streaking down its face.

No comments: