Wednesday, February 27, 2008

guthrify me

the guthrie theatre was established in the early 1960's by sir tyrone guthrie, who wanted to establish a high-quality regional theatre in the midwest.
at some point in the last few years, the guthrie moved from its old location to the warehouse district of minneapolis, into a huge and shiny new complex which includes three theatre spaces, two restaurants, two long escalators, and a host of huge portraits of world playwrights.
i had a general audition at the guthrie on friday, february 22. i auditioned for the casting director and his assistant. the following day, i was lucky enough to land an audition with the shakespeare theatre company from washington DC. i felt that i did well in both my auditions, though neither of my auditioners gave me any indication of their impressions of my work.
i was discouraged by the continuing realization that i do not have an actor's equity card, and how that might be difficult for me, considering my age and experience. but other than this actuality, i feel really good about the entire experience.
i saw a very enjoyable production of peer gynt at the guthrie, starring the magnetic and spontaneous mark rylance. i also saw a production of wendy wasserstein's last play, third.

1 comment:

ETness said...

Well, get out there and get your points and get your card! I'm glad you got out there and did the auditions.
You're the coolest!
:)