Monday, December 01, 2008

twelve-one-oh-eight

welcome december!
my iPod's imminent demise has inspired me to blow the dust off my old iPod Shuffle. it's one of the old ones, about 1"x3" and white. to load it and charge it you plug it directly into the port on the computer. it was given to me by nic huang a couple years ago and i remember being amazed by it (and even writing about it on my blog) before i upgraded to all the other fancy iPods i ended up getting...
i dropped david off at work and did a few loads of laundry at the laundromat. on my way home i stopped and got a soy chai latte. it goes well with the crisp weather of today. 
during last night's rehearsal i cut my right-hand middle finger on an aluminum can. i'm surprised it's the only injury i've sustained on that show so far-- we tend to get pretty violent. i guess most of the violence is perpetrated on the objects. we've destroyed two typewriters (one on purpose and one inadvertently); i mutilated a few typewriter ribbon cartridges (remember those?); the other night i jumped sideways and landed on a plastic mug which shattered; i broke a plate and a picture frame. for me it's kind of fun to practice this kind of violent recklessness, which i really don't allow in my everyday life. but i do sustain some regret for the broken objects-- especially that typewriter, which i pounded upon with a 9-iron. (it wasn't my idea-- it's in the script!) with any luck, all this violence will pay off and the audience will get some visceral thrill from our antics. 
the chill in the air makes me want to write, draw, create something. i like that.

No comments: