Saturday, December 27, 2008

love sky, love grass, love clouds

the acting marathon is over. i call it an acting marathon because it is the first time i have done three plays back-to-back. i am grateful for the marathon. it was at turns exhilarating, excruciating, energizing, and exhausting. GLASS MENAGERIE taught me the value of a supportive and engaged director (i felt the lack thereof); BOOTH taught me the importance of broad characterization (i didn't quite achieve it, but got closer) and sheer gumption; and TRUE WEST showed me i can be completely physical onstage (my right hand ring finger is still swollen like a small sausage). of course i learned other things too...
christmas came and went unobtrusively, though it is worth noting that i enjoy it much more when i wake up and share it with a loved one. it was nice to spend my first christmas morning with david.
speaking of david, we're moving in together this week, to a 3-bedroom house, and we are so excited. at this very moment, as i type, i am also procrastinating on packing up my books and shelves, dvds and tables, clothes and kitchen. basically, everything. today (the 27th), the house is officially ours, and david is at his apartment packing his stuff as well. we hope to be all in by wednesday the 31st.
so i went for a walk this morning, because the weather is like love. 

1 comment:

ETness said...

Wow! Giant leaps for you this year. I wish you all the joy in the world. (Leave me a little, would ya?)