Monday, December 15, 2008

vocabulary

my mom, sister, brother-in-law and nephew came to see TRUE WEST yesterday. i had warned my mom that she wouldn't like it. there's profanity and violence and i get strangled at the end. i just didn't think it would be her cup of tea. but she came anyway. i was shocked when afterwards she called me and enthused over how much she'd enjoyed it. i asked someone to pinch me but they thought i was weird and walked away. my mom even said "i think daddy would have liked it." strange. this is a play where i pee in the sink, throw my brother on the ground and spit threats at him, and hump a chair. and she thinks daddy would have enjoyed it?
in any case, i'm glad a piece of my family came to see the play, and i'm relieved that they actually enjoyed it.
in other news... david and i saw MILK yesterday. it was sad, inspiring. good performances. 
i'm feeling sick. i've been staving it off for some time but i think it's finally encroaching upon me. 

No comments: