Monday, December 19, 2005

fever

annoyingly, my body is trying to get sick again. chills and fever. i'm slamming echinacea.
the nutcracker was pretty good. my students were excellent. as fran commented, the show was full of eye candy-- bright colors and fast-paced dances. listening to the music, i couldn't help thinking about tchaikovsky. after reading that biography of him a few years ago (which i can't seem to locate on google), my view of pyotr ilyich was a little different, even though i don't think the author was particularly insightful about the composer's apparent homosexuality.
geez, i hope i caught this illness in time and can stop it before it takes over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to say that some big fancy place did a long term study of echinacea and just published the results: It does zip for your health or immune system.

Alas. But there is something to be said for the placebo effect right?

Which I supposed I just ruined...